SEGUIDORES

06 novembro 2014

ESTE OLHAR DA SOPHIA LOREN... (THE TELEGRAPH)

Sophia Loren's withering 'side-eye' glance at Jayne Mansfield explained at last

Italian actress, 80, says her expression in infamous photograph was "fear" that "everything in her dress is going to blow"

Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield
"I’m staring at her nipples because I am afraid they are about to come onto my plate"  Photo: REX
It is the single, withering glance that seems to sum up the entire catty, competitive world of A-list divas.
The image of Sophia Loren's disapproving "side-eye" glance at Jayne Mansfield's overexposed cleavage at a Beverly Hills party in 1957 has become one of the most famous in Hollywood's history.
And nearly six decades later, the Italian actress, 80, has now confirmed what was behind her infamous look – fear of a spectacular wardrobe malfunction.
Paramount had organised a glamorous party for the newly famous Loren, intended as her introduction to the Hollywood social circuit. The last person to arrive was actress Jayne Mansfield.
"She came right for my table. She knew everyone was watching. She sat down. And now, she was barely … Listen. Look at the picture. Where are my eyes?" said Loren in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
"I’m staring at her nipples because I am afraid they are about to come onto my plate. In my face you can see the fear. I’m so frightened that everything in her dress is going to blow — BOOM! — and spill all over the table.
Loren, one of Hollywood's most photographed post-war stars who appeared in blockbusters such as El Cid and The Millionairess, has long refused to sign copies of the photograph out of embarrassment.
"Fans send me this picture a lot, but I refuse to autograph it now," she said in 2001.
"I just don't like seeing it, as it was a very upsetting moment for me. Jayne Mansfield, whom I did not know at the time, came dressed like that and I just felt so upset for her."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

MESMO QUE NÃO TENHA TEMPO COMENTE. SUA VISITA É
MUITO IMPORTANTE E SEUS COMENTÁRIOS TAMBÉM...
ANÔNIMOS ACEITOS, DESDE QUE NÃO OFENSIVOS. UMA COISA IMPORTANTE: AS CAPTCHAS NÃO TÊM DIFICULDADE PARA AS PESSOAS. AS LETRAS OU SÃO MAIÚSCULAS OU MINÚSCULAS, NÚMEROS SEMPRE IGUAIS. CASO NÃO ENTENDA HÁ UMA RODINHA PARA V. MUDAR ATÉ ACHAR MELHOR.OBRIGADO.